Moving to a new country is all about making friends and establishing the right contacts. At Milestone we have a huge amount of experience with new residents and have many clients who were originally clients in our home country before they moved to New Zealand. Talk to us about how we can make the transition easy.
We recognise there are many things we can do right away to help you on arrival, and that over time we can start to work on some of the bigger tasks, like moving your money to New Zealand, investing and purchasing a family home. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither was your new home in our beautiful country!
We have advisers who have emigrated from:
- Germany (Peter Tetzlaff)
- United Kingdom (Stephen Collier, Stephen Fitzjohn)
How we can make an immediate difference:
- Setting up bank accounts, with an EFTPOS ready when you arrive.
- Set up foreign currency accounts, with a much better exchange rate when you change your money over. Develop tailored strategies for the exchange of much larger sums of money.
- Establishing health and life insurance? Review your existing cover, advise you on how health insurance works in New Zealand, your eligibility for health insurance, and organizing long term travel insurance for clients who can’t get immediate health cover.
- Help insure your belongings, new house or car.
- General information on the New Zealand housing market, purchasing a home, mortgages etc
- New business and employment advice
- Introductions to suitable accountants and lawyers.
- Advice on pension funds
- Assessment of your current investment portfolio
- Retirement planning, including New Zealand pensions, including KiwiSaver.